Review: Western Mountaineering Ultralite 20 Degree Down Sleeping Bag

Aaron Zagrodnick

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

For many weight-conscious backpackers looking for a single sleeping bag to suit their needs throughout the year in many parts of the country, a 20 degree bag is often chosen for its blend of warmth while still remaining light enough to easily carry. Here in the Rockies, it might be a bit too warm in the summer, though you’ll still see lows in the 20’s at times at high elevation even in August...For many of us the 20 degree bag makes for an excellent all-around choice. Western Mountaineering (WM) offers two 20 degree rated bags to fit this niche – The standard Ultralite and very similar but wider and more roomy Alpinlite bags.

After extensive field use, we share our thoughts and evaluation of this premium-level down bag from Western Mountaineering. Read the full review below in Issue 5:

Issue #5 Page 1

• 1 year later...
AdventureMyk

Thank you for the review. I realize this one is a bit older but it's still relevant to the Alpinelite which I have been looking into as my next bag. More info is always welcome, especially as you took the time to photo document it. Thanks again!

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Thanks for checking out the review! The Ultralite is a great bag and if you're looking for more room the Alpinlite is definitely a great choice as well.