Gear Review: Big Agnes Scout Plus UL2

DustinTN

post-945-143508719969_thumb.jpg

About a month ago, I got a Big Agnes Scout Plus UL2 tent. Thus far, I love it. It is right at 2 lbs., has plenty of room, and big vestibule. It is a single wall tent, so stargazing isn't an option, and ventilation can be an issue (though the design offers a band of mesh around the entire perimeter of the tent.) The tent is a trekking pole design, which I also like.

HERE'S THE FULL REVIEW if you'd like to learn more.

tmountainnut

Looks like a nice tent. Similar to the way my old tarptent was designed.

I never liked having to maneuver around trekking poles in the middle of my door like that one has though. Did you find it to be a problem?

It honestly hasn't bothered me, tmountiannut. I've used it by myself though (well, my dog has been with me.) I can see it being annoying with another involved. Once I get it pitched, I also slide the pole by the further to one side which helps.

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Looks like a nice tent. Similar to the way my old tarptent was designed.

I never liked having to maneuver around trekking poles in the middle of my door like that one has though. Did you find it to be a problem?

Sounds like the Rainshadow 2? Jen and I used one for a couple years and it served us well. However, the pole(s) with the single front entry did cause some difficulty at times. Great space to weight ratio though.