The Nuances of a Name

Aaron Zagrodnick

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

For a moment, let’s forget the thousand or so mosquitoes and gnats that had me under siege. At least that’s what I did. Standing well over 10,000 feet, my feet were immersed in a mountain stream and my ears filled with the sound of water, my eyes squinted against a golden sunset. But I dare not close my eyes for a second. I was too amazed with the realization of the moment. I often combine fly fishing with my backpacking trips, and there was no exception here. I cast my fly towards the setting sun and it landed perfectly where the current poured in over rocks, then deepened and slowed to form a small pool. Staring directly into the light, the water reflected the sunset and streamside terrain in such a way that I couldn’t see beneath the water’s surface. Were there actually fish there? My question was quickly answered…

Thoughts on a recent trip, routes, names, and what it all means at the moment to me. Read the full article below in Issue 17:

The Nuances of a Name

Hiking in the Wind River Range - The Nuances of a Name

Issue 17 Page 1

Aaron,

Really enjoying Issue 17 (slow day at work so I was able to read this afternoon), especially The Nuances of a Name , excellent writing that really hits home to me. As readers have probably come to expect, the photography is superb.

Gary M

Olathe, Kansas

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Gary, thanks for checking out Issue 17 and glad you're liking it so far. Really appreciate the comments on the article!

• 1 month later...