Looking for pack suggestions

Wintershortsguy

Wintershortsguy

Hello All,

I have an old Serratus Alpine 90 that I bough from MEC, in Canada, back in 1996. it is holding up well but does not have all the features and fit I am looking for now that I am older. I am looking for suggestions of a pack about the same size that has an adjustable suspension and separate compartment for a sleeping bag. I have been looking at packs like the Kelty Red Cloud 110 and 90 and the Gregory Palisade. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated. I have a budget of about 300$

Thank you in advance,

Wintershortsguy

ps if giving a suggestion please provide a link and if available a referal code so its win win for both of us.

Hey there! Not being a downer but that is an enormous pack! Maybe a little hint as to what the intended use is. I've been using a mountain smith haze 50 a new osprey exos 58 and a Gossamer gear mariposa on winter trips in the sierras and have plenty of room. Maybe a look at you gear can ease the burden on your back a bit and use a smaller/lighter pack. Ive humped many mile with an ALICE large pack carrying lots of gear and now don't have to carry ammo, a radio and all the other gear we needed to carry and makes it so much more enjoyable to cruise lightweight. :)

If you can try them out, do so! Each pack has its nuances and what works for 150lb guy may not work for a larger 200lb guy and depends on what weight you carry, so its kinda tough to recommend a specific pack. Good luck!

I'm testing the Ultimate Direction Fastpack 20 for fastpacking and so far so good. I can actually power hike and run with this pack with a minimum of bounce. Assuming of course that I packed my stuff smartly. Here's the link to the company's website:

http://www.ultimatedirection.com/showproduct.aspx?ProductID=633&SEName=fastpack-20

Thats an interesting looking pack. However at that size, even the lightest overnight adventures might be difficult since theres little room for food after you get your basics packed. Hopefully you're traveling somewhere warm with that. :-)