Longest You Have Camped at Once

laschke

What was the longest amount of time you spent in the wilderness?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What was the longest amount of time you spent in the wilderness?

• 0-4 Days
    • 4 Days- 1 Week
    • 1-2 Weeks
    • 2 Weeks- 1 Month
    • 1 Month-2 Months
    • >2 Months

Totally Counts! I loved my experience at philmont. Clearly it's busy, but Mt. Phillips is still one of my favorite peaks I've been too.

I camped overnight at Mt. Phillips ON my first Philmont trek in 2010 - it was very cool! My crew also got to climb Baldy (best experience with my son, ever!) and the Tooth of Time (I missed that one - too tired to make the climb and someone had to stay back with the packs- still kicking myself for not doing it). Ewell's Park and Grand Mesa had beautiful views. As they say, I wanna go back to Philmont!post-458-143508721162_thumb.jpg

I camped overnight at Mt. Phillips ON my first Philmont trek in 2010 - it was very cool! My crew also got to climb Baldy (best experience with my son, ever!) and the Tooth of Time (I missed that one - too tired to make the climb and someone had to stay back with the packs- still kicking myself for not doing it). Ewell's Park and Grand Mesa had beautiful views. As they say, I wanna go back to Philmont![ATTACH=CONFIG]2706[/ATTACH]

HikerJen,

I totally regret I missed going to Philmont with either of my two sons. I have mentioned we got a chance to go to SeaBase twice instead. Only about 1/2 day hiking around Munson Island, but 4 days with my sons in the deep blue water. Also on our first time down, we spent an afternoon/evening at Key West. Get this......It was Spring Break and St. Pats Day! We had 11 teenage boys, can you imagine the craziness!

Gary M

Olathe, Kansas

• 3 months later...

A week, dry camping in my travel trailer while deer hunting. I guess that's cheating though, gas furnace, dc powered water pump, gas hot water, gas frig. Other than not having a microwave, it wasn't really different from campground camping.

10 weeks several times. i work 9 months and hike the other 3.last year i thru hiked the benton mackaye rail, and continued another 4oo miles on the appalachian trail. the year before i hiked the at from springer to damascus. im lucky my boss lets me do this.