Show me amazing photos from your adventures!

Gearspoke

Show me some of your amazing photos from your hiking/backpacking adventures! Inspire me to go on some amazing hikes :)

Below is a photo taken from the saddle of Half Dome, a 2 hour wait to get on to the ropes to get to the top!

post-1130-143508721176_thumb.jpg

Yosemite is an amazing piece of real estate but I look at that photo and damn, I'm happy I don't live in Cali. There are still a lot of places here where one can get lost for a few days and not see another person. No permits or WAG bags required. Makes me wonder what John Muir's thoughts would be seeing that.

Reminds me of this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/46/ChilkootPass_steps.jpg

Certainly looks like you picked an exceptional day for that hike. Hard to beat the view at the top, hordes or not.

Don't know if it is amazing, but sometimes a local place is just enough to get a needed outdoor fix. Mrs Mags and I took a two hour stroll in the foothills last weekend. The fall color was brilliant.

15410609450_8dc37c5773.jpg

Here are two photos from a backpacking trip I took to Floe Lake in Kootenay National Park, BC back in August.

post-611-143508721503_thumb.jpg

The trail to the lake is about 6.5 miles long. A large forest fire in 2003 burned nearly everything, and this photo doesn't show it, but the amount of regrowth is really dramatic.

post-611-143508721511_thumb.jpg

The forest fire stopped a few hundred yards before Floe Lake so all the beautiful old growth forest remains there.

Edited by PaulGS

I'll be submitting a new article this weekend. Here's one photo to go with it. :)

The famous Coyote Natural Bridge in Escalante National Monument

post-360-143508721519_thumb.jpg

I've got a few pictures from Yosemite this past July...

post-458-143508721526_thumb.jpg

Glen Aulin - could be my most favorite spot at Yosemite

post-458-14350872155_thumb.jpg

Images of the spires around Cathedral Lake - daytime and at sunset

post-458-143508721563_thumb.jpg

Panorama from the top of Cloud's Rest...

post-458-14350872154_thumb.jpg