Moran State Park

Gearspoke

Want to go on a breathtaking camping trip that no matter where you go, you will be floored by how beautiful! Moran state park is on Orcas Island, in the San Juan Islands, and to get there with your car, you need to take a ferry. But once you get to the island there is soo much more to do, there are the cutest dining areas, there are a 5 lakes with a ton of hiking trails surrounding them. There is a hiking trail that will take you to a tower you can hike with a 360 view of the San Juan islands. So much fun and so beautiful.

Here is a link if you would like to check it out one day:http://www.parks.wa.gov/547/Moran

Also, here are the limited few photos I got when heading over to the island and from our breakfast at Doe Bay (southeast of Moran park on the same island)!

post-1130-143508721729_thumb.jpg

post-1130-143508721689_thumb.jpg

post-1130-1435087217_thumb.jpg

post-1130-143508721712_thumb.jpg

post-1130-143508721718_thumb.jpg

Utilizing the ferry system and go island hopping there is a ton of things to do while backpacking. What my family likes to do is take out the ocean kayakes and paddle from island to island camping where ever they land. Sometimes venturing into the more touristy areas. :)

Utilizing the ferry system and go island hopping there is a ton of things to do while backpacking. What my family likes to do is take out the ocean kayakes and paddle from island to island camping where ever they land. Sometimes venturing into the more touristy areas. :)

Similar modus operandi. The San Juans are high on my paddle/hike/fish/adventuring list. Now, you may have moved it up a notch on the must do list. Thanks Gearspoke. Look alike you're having a riot. Shweet.

Is your family bringing along on the ferry their own kayaks or do you rent them once there? Got any details on renting sea kayaks for use in the San Juans? ?

• 3 weeks later...

Similar modus operandi. The San Juans are high on my paddle/hike/fish/adventuring list. Now, you may have moved it up a notch on the must do list. Thanks Gearspoke. Look alike you're having a riot. Shweet.

Is your family bringing along on the ferry their own kayaks or do you rent them once there? Got any details on renting sea kayaks for use in the San Juans? ?

Sorry fo the delay, there was no notice that you commented I apologize about that! ;) We normally bring our own Kayaks, but we store them on Blakely Island, where our cabin is located at, when the season has ended. But my friend rents hers from Yeager's Sporting Goods anytime she joins us. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Sorry fo the delay, there was no notice that you commented I apologize about that! ;) ...

Just in case you're not aware, don't forget you can always subscribe to threads individually via "Thread Tools" or by using the advanced reply page / by using the appropriate check box when creating a thread. Alternatively, you can change your thread subscription preferences for all threads you create or respond to as a whole:

Settings (Top right) --->General Settings--->Default Thread Subscription Mode (Select desired option) --->Save Changes.

Hope this helps! :)