#OptOutside--did you?

TollerMom

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

I did indeed make it out on Friday, I guess it was an unintentional opt outside! Usually, I end up doing most of my shopping online when needed...never been much of a black Friday person. :D

Looks like a fun hike, we've had a ton of snow and really cold weather here lately as well, it's been full swing winter hiking.

The sun was bright & warm on my Friday hike, but the wind was chilly - got cold wearing just a t-shirt. So I went for another hike Saturday when it was a bit warmer. B)

I did an overnight as a way to escape my in-laws and my kids, it had nothing to do with a marketing campaign :)

Love the hashtag, TollerMom!  I did not make it outside because I had to work.  Twelve hour day meant I drove to work in the dark and drove home in the dark.  I was with all of you in spirit though!  :-)

• Premium Member
Mark Wetherington

Yep . . . I opted outside in a major way!

Did an easy two-night backpacking trip beginning on Thanksgiving morning . . . 5 degrees when I pulled out of the driveway :o. . . to a backcountry hot spring in Idaho (Selway-Bitterroot Wilderness). Stayed both nights there and just soaked, read, ate, slept, repeated until it was time to head out. Really special place and beautiful scenery.

23493933525_e8e6c23420_c.jpg

23198144290_baff79b411_c.jpg

23198151520_aee449ea2b_c.jpg

Definitely grateful for the chance to have made this amazing trip, and great to see some of you all got out, too.

Also, wspscott, I recognize you from the KyWilderness forums . . . good to see a familiar face!

• Like 2

Yes, I opted for outside but stayed local. Worked in the garden(kale, Swiss chard, collards, mustard greens, Savoy cabbage, lettuces, onions and herbs are doing great), fixed a flat on the road bike and did a 26 miler with my 12 yr old nephew on his mountain bike, did a 3 hr tennis lesson outside, and did a short 1.5 mile hike along a creek on friday. REI, didn't send me a check though. <_<

Yes, outside all Friday for a day-hike to break in new boots and try out some new poles.  Had to dig out the blaze orange since it is hunting (deer/gun) season.