September / October Issue Released

Aaron Zagrodnick

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Issue #4 of our hiking and backpacking magazine is now available! Click the preceding link or the cover image below to take a look:

In This Issue:

Yosemite National Park: The Mist Trail

Review: Vasque Breeze GTX Hiking Boot

Manistee National Forest: Hiking Michigan's MRT / NCT Loop

Hiking Across the Country: Lessons Learned

Review: Exped Synmat UL 7 Sleeping Pad

Backcountry Photography Tips

Backcountry Cuisine: Campfire Hash Browns

The Drive Home: In the Know

We also have a great trail tip and more. If it's your first time viewing the magazine, we suggest starting on Page 1 for viewing tips and tricks.

If you would like to view the magazine offline or prefer a different format, a PDF is available. (7 MB)

post-3-143508713398_thumb.jpg

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Thanks WanderAR! Glad you're enjoying the mag and we really appreciate it!

Aaron and Jen,

Great Issue #4, I've been really busy and not able to get much hiking in for a while, but next week I'm going to be out on the trail...Thank Goodness!

Really enjoyed the photography tip and will be looking forward to more in future issues. As usual, the phtography in the magazine is totally fantastic, really makes me wish I was there enjoying the view!

I just happen to wear Vasque hiking boots and just love them. I must be close to (maybe??) 800 miles with my current pair, and I'm just going to have to break down and buy some more. Very comfortable, perhaps not the most technical boots on the market.

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Thanks Gary! Hope you have a great hike next week & definitely agree on the Vasque boots. Not the most technical out there for sure, but for good, reliable, and affordable utility we think they're a really good choice if that's what you're after. I still like my trail runners in warmer weather but with cooler and potentially snowy weather on the horizon I'll definitely be lacing mine up!

Now that I have fully read the mag, another great issue! The pics are amazing and I liked that the trip reports were varied in their "voice" and style. Since the gear reviews tend to be so indepth, have you thought about breaking them out into a database so hikers/backpackers can easily find/search for the gear that is tested? Just a thought, great stuff!

Exemplary issue Aaron!!Great stories! I have been lucky enough to get to Yosemite, albeit years ago, and have friends living in Traverse City, MI and paddled the Manistee... I just wish I was able to get up there in the fall and do some hiking :)

Edited by Leigh

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

ADKinLA - Thanks for taking a look at the issue and for the suggestion! The separate gear review database / section is a great idea and something that has been on our minds... Now that the reviews are starting to pile up we'll definitely have to get that moving. :)

Leigh - Thanks for the compliment, we really appreciate it! :D Manistee is great, especially in the fall. The first word that comes to mind when I think about hiking opportunities in the area is simply "Quiet" ...

Manistee national forest is about a 5 hour drive from me, although I never knew there were any decent trails or thought to look there. My family has hunting property in kalkaska nearby. I just might make a stop there and try it out when I'm up there next time. Thank you.