Hello from Michigan

Kodiak

Great looking dogs I have seen Newfies before could not remember what they were called I've only seen black ones Katie is unique looking are there white ones .

Kodiak, thanks again for the shout out!

A Newfoundland that is white with a bit of black patches is called a Landseer, named after British artist Sir Edwin Henry Landseer; Landseers are very popular in Europe where they are considered a seperate breed. In the US we recognize black, brown (sometimes called chocolate), gray, and white and black. Black is most popular.

Before I irritate everyone by talking about dogs, I do believe it is a relevant subject as dogs are such great hiking and backpacking companions. See TrailGroove Issue 1 "Trekking With Canines" for some great info. I can promise you all, Newfies are great on the trail!

By the way, I did really enjoy your photos, and hope other TrailGroove members post more pics or an album. That way I can live vicariously until I can get out again.

Click below for photo!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]961[/ATTACH]

Yours in hiking,

Gary M

Olathe, Kansas

Edited by Gary M
Could not get photo to pop up

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

When you head up to Bomber Basin make sure you take some time to look around the area you can still find parts of Bomber scattered all over the place from the crash.Also Lake Louise and Ross Lake is a great hike.If you go into Dubois stop by the silver sage gallery and say hi to my friend Gary Keimig he's an artist but also gos out everyday and takes great pics then post them on line under What You Missed In Dubois today make me miss the area everyday.

Hey Kodiak,

I'll have to check out the crash site when we finally have a chance to pass through that area, I've also been wanting to take a look at Bomber Falls. Next time we're in Dubois we'll definitely check out the Silver Sage!

Aaron

You have to climb Bomber Falls to get to the crash site when you get to the top of the falls cross over to the right and make a sweep of the area and you should see it .Let me know when you make it back to town ,if your a Geo cacher I bet there is a cache up there.

Thanks

Kodiak

Hey Kodiak,

Yep, we finally got hit hard by snow, more in one day than the last 2 years combined. I just camped out at work for a couple of days so I wouldn't have to fight the traffic. Hope to get out for a short "snow" hike this weekend with Maximus. If so, perhaps I can get a photo or two worth looking at.

Big Dog (Gary M)

Olathe, Kansas

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Aaron

You have to climb Bomber Falls to get to the crash site when you get to the top of the falls cross over to the right and make a sweep of the area and you should see it .Let me know when you make it back to town ,if your a Geo cacher I bet there is a cache up there.

Thanks

Kodiak

Thanks Kodiak, I haven't gotten into geocaching quite yet, but hopefully I'll be able to make it up to Bomber Basin / Falls this summer and take a few photos.

Thanks Kodiak, I haven't gotten into geocaching quite yet, but hopefully I'll be able to make it up to Bomber Basin / Falls this summer and take a few photos.

Looking forward to the pics,:cool: