Issue 47 has been released! Download your own high definition copy with a TrailGroove Premium Subscription and Membership or read online here.

wide women’s hiking boots?

Ashlyn

Hi, this is my first time here. I’m looking for some hiking boots that run a little wide—the only brand I’ve found that comes in an actual wide size is Lowa, which I’m not opposed to, but I want to see if there are other options. I don’t plan to do a ton of hiking, and no huge mountain trips or anything; just some trails here and there in North Carolina. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Thank you!

• Premium Member
Aaron

Hey Ashlyn and welcome to the forum! I also like my footwear to run wide. Possibly worth a look might be the Altra Lone Peak Mid (if you are looking for a mid-height boot). These are actually not offered in standard or wide sizes like some shoes but the normal size runs on the wide side (I always choose a wide size with any other brand if offered, but the Altra standard works well for me). I can typically often find shoes and boots from Vasque in a wide version as well.

Here is a review of the Altra Lone Peak Mid RSM (waterproof version):

https://www.trailgroove.com/blogs/entry/187-altra-lone-peak-4-rsm-mid-waterproof-boot-review/