• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bobo Uzala

• tmountainnut

• Lemonjello

• AdventureMyk

I went on a trip back in September and was thinking about my load out while on the trail this weekend, I'm pretty sure that my Pocket Rocket, SnowPeak, and Katadyn Hiker are the only things I am still carrying. I went on quite the buying spree after landing a new job and have several pieces of new gear I am really pleased with. Mostly my Hubba Hubba NX. I'm just really happy with the living space, all of the features and set up options, and the construction of the tent. We got hit pretty hard with a storm this weekend in Eastern Oklahoma, the Boardstand Trail, and the Hubba Hubba didn't budge. Weather Underground (http://www.wunderground.com) says there were gusts over 50 mph for that zip code and wind speeds at 23 mph. Not sure how accurate it is, either way I'm impressed.

I did end up purchasing one of the Sea to Summit Spark bags too, and I really like the ow weight and how small it compresses. The zipper is pretty fussy since it is so light so don't plan on getting out of the bag in a hurry. Also, since it is only a 1/3 length zipper it got pretty clammy down by my feet. I have the SP I and when the temp is above 70 it feels too warm. As far as fit goes, I can't really provide much insight. I have the large, since there was no regular in stock, and it is plenty roomy for my 5'9" 130 lb frame.

Isleroyaleguy

We were lucky enough to score two of the Go - lite trekking umbrellas before they went out of business. It's extremely versatile. Works great for protection from rain, snow, wind, and sun. Ultra light to boot.

Cheers

IRG