Dealing with snakes and other dangerous wildlife while on the trail!

DSmith

The only venomous snakes are these parts are rattlers and I just leave them alone if at all possible. If not, they get Judged.

We are very rarely in any areas with snakes when backpacking and I don't even think about them. Bears are another story. I've been almost kissy faced with several black bears over the years and in all of those encounters, the bear(s) eventually turned and ran. I've also been pretty close to those OTHER bears with the same results but there are always both A and B plans for those just in case needed.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bobo Uzala

• AdventureMyk

• tmountainnut

• DSmith

I wouldn't consider snakes "pure evil". Just another of Pachamama's critters... although I'd rather tangle with a (black) bear than a big ole snake.

Bobo............

Pachamama???? Wow, I had to google that one! And I thought I was pretty much an expert on pagan fertility goddesses! I believe you have probably traveled to some rather out of the ordinary places...

Gary M

Olathe, Kansas

I don't think we are in Kansas anymore Toto - Dorothy, Wizard of Oz

Bobo............

Pachamama???? Wow, I had to google that one! And I thought I was pretty much an expert on pagan fertility goddesses!

Gary - you mean you're not a pagan fertility expert, lol, what's the matter with you :rolleyes: If you want to keep your Pachamama happy, always pour a little bit of your beverage onto the earth before you start drinking. You do do that, don't you?!?