What time do you prefer to be outside?

Bobo Uzala

Are you an early bird or prefer daytime, enjoy the dusk or a night activity?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Are you an early bird or prefer daytime, enjoy the dusk or a night activity?

• Early morning
    • Mid-day
    • Evening
    • In the Dark
    • No Preference

Since i really like photographing stars, i kinda like hiking (or at least being active) at night and dusk.

As far as season, i like spring the best. Helps me shake off the winter icicles and I can head out to the desert to explore some stuff when there's seasonal water and fairly mild temps.

http://blog.ospreypacks.com/2014/07/01/the-ride/

tmountainnut...............................

This evening I got around to checking out your site http://blog.ospreypacks.com/2014/07/01/the-ride/ and also your blog Mtn Nut. Very fine work! Really good writing and excellent photos. TrailGroove is lucky to have you as a major contributor.

Have to run, being called to dinner! Again, very fine work indeed.

Gary M

Olathe, Kansas

Let me explain my early am time preference - if I'm hiking in the summer I prefer to get an early start so I can avoid hiking in the heat as much as possible. In the spring and fall I prefer to get an early start so I can warm up from the chill mornings. In the winter - well, I don't hike in the winter, so no preference there. In my regular neighborhood if I'm outside going for a walk, I prefer the morning. But if I'm busy, it might be in the evening after the dinner and dishes are done.

tmountainnut

TrailGroove is lucky to have you as a major contributor.

I appreciate the compliment. However, the magazine has lots of great contributors. Paul's bit on fall hiking was great, and the magazine is lucky to have him, David Cobb, Sean Sparbanie, Sarah Tiedemann, and the rest of the contributors over the past issues.

Maybe i just need to get out more in the fall after labor day and see the trees turning to convert to Paul's way of thinking. Its in the name of science, right? ;-)

-Ted

Give me early morning any day of the week. I have the most energy in the morning, hiking temps are better, trailside parking is better, photos taken in morning light are better. I love getting a head start.