I want this soooo bad!

Gearspoke

Looks like a blast, Aaron, and I live right next to a mountain bike park named Haw Ridge. Lots of trails for road and some wicked fun off-road stuff. Alas, my bikes all have keys and throttles (Ducati 848 and the Suzuki DR400s). There are a few great spots around here to explore with them but much like Grizz said, the national parks are mostly off-limits when it comes to trails.

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Another take for sure but a little more difficult to handle with the camping gear and you still can't use them in wilderness areas. If you are looking for some good trails and are in SW MT, try the Tobacco Roots. It's all open to mtn biking and there are a lot of non-motorized trails with nice loops. Some rather spectacular routes to be had. Some more painful than others--------------------

Thanks grizzled...definitely true! Can't carry quite as much, either. :) I'll have to check out the Tobacco Roots sometime bikepacking or hiking for that matter. We have some nice areas for biking around here outside of the wilderness areas, but thankfully the Winds are mostly wilderness offering a great place to check out on your feet...My preferred method of travel.

Looks like a blast, Aaron, and I live right next to a mountain bike park named Haw Ridge. Lots of trails for road and some wicked fun off-road stuff. Alas, my bikes all have keys and throttles (Ducati 848 and the Suzuki DR400s). There are a few great spots around here to explore with them but much like Grizz said, the national parks are mostly off-limits when it comes to trails.

That was actually from the White Rim Road in Canyonlands, and we passed a couple guys out riding the road on motorcycles as well. The interesting thing was that including stops, we were basically riding the road about as fast as the few others we saw out there driving it and leapfrogging each other along the way at times...It's generally rough / steep enough that most weren't driving it all that fast, but smooth enough that you can pick a fast line and ride it pretty quickly on a mountain bike.