Where is everyone planning to go this year?

jay

Just curious to know if any interesting trips planned for this year? 

Locally, I and my daughter are planning on going back to Wayne National Forest and doing some of the trails there, also want to visit Mammoth Caves in KY.  As mentioned in another area, we are planning a trip to Colorado in the summer. 

This spring, I am hoping to go back to Northern England, visit friends there and explore Lake District National Park some more, possibly climbing Scafell Pike and also Snowden in Wales, weather permitting.  I saw some of the Lake District last summer when I visited and then went north to Scotland.  Beautiful country, that.

The whole area has been pounded by flooding recently, though, hoping that there wasn't too much damage. 

Anyone else with trips planned?

Cathedral Range in Yosemite to see the newly introduced Bighorn sheep there.  Extended trip to SEKI to see lots of new places.  More time in Death Valley.

I'm working on plans to hike the Grafton Loop Trail in Maine sometime in the early summer. Maybe hike up Mt. Katahdin. I've always want to go up the Knife's Edge Trail.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Have a few maybes that will hopefully come to fruition, but the Wind River Range is at the top of my list. :)

I usually get in trouble for this statement but:  The Wind River Range offers the finest backpacking experience in the US.  Great scenery, no permit necessary, camp anywhere, make a fire, catch fish, bring your dog.  Avoid July.(bugs) August is busy, but after the second day you will experience solititude and a genuine sense of adventure.  .And no bear has ever touched a human in the Wind River Range.

Edited by trekkerman
typo

I only have two trips *definitely* planned this year. Obviously there will be more, but so far:

My birthday is in May and I plan on giving myself a birthday present of four-days in the Pecos Wilderness of New Mexico. There will be some post-trip New Mexican cuisine involved in Taos!

My middle brother is going to be a father in June. In July, I plan on visiting Rhode Island. But first my buddy, whom I've known since Catholic school, and I will be backpacking in White Mountains of New Hampshire for four days first.

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick
On January 15, 2016 at 7:33 AM, jay said:

Wind River Mountains is a place I have always wanted to see.  Hope you get there!

Sorry, that was a bit tongue in cheek - I live pretty close and try to get out there as much as I can...have a couple outings in the books so far this year. But never enough, so at the top of the list it remains! :)

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Hope you make it! It's a great place to grab the map and go explore.