Gossamer Gear LT4 S Trekking Pole Review

Aaron Zagrodnick

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

For years I resisted trekking poles, but a bothersome knee or two early in 2015 brought me to the quick realization that something besides ibuprofen and a different training approach was needed to remedy the problem. For years prior to that, my hiking partner had used a couple different varieties of trekking poles before settling on the Gossamer Gear LT4 S in 2010, one of the lightest and more expensive trekking poles you can find. I’d seen the poles in action over many miles, used them on occasion, and knew they were durable, quiet, and I was used to the adjustment mechanism and its small quirks from many times of using the poles to setup our shelter or to lend a hand with a trail adjustment fix. Needing my own pair and with the consideration that I often use shelters that were designed to be setup using trekking poles anyway, it made the decision easier as I could now leave accessory poles behind to offset a little weight...

In Issue 28, we review the popular and lightweight LT4 trekking poles offered by Gossamer Gear. Read the full review below:

Gossamer Gear LT4 Trekking Poles Review

Gossamer Gear LT4 S Trekking Poles Review.jpg

Issue 28 Page 1