Help needed with narrowing down tent choice

J-Squared

Wow, thank you for the very detailed reply!  Definitely some things to think about.  I'm thinking I may be able to go with the Hubba Hubba without a footprint if I'm not anticipating extremely wet weather which would help offset the weight difference.  I did read a couple reviews on the Copper Spur that mentioned bent poles which concerned me.   I don't actually need a tent until May but want to get one ordered soon.  I'm going to be getting a new pack as well and want to have plenty of time to figure out how to organize it prior to our hike.

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered the Hubba Hubba.  Thank you again for the suggestion and detailed breakdown of it vs the Copper Spur, StepbyStep!  I'm not planning on backpacking until May but wanted to get a chance to play around with it before we go.  Sadly, I was not able to get the 20% discount because I was using a gift card.  I did, however, buy a membership for future purchases.

I also purchased a new backpack this week (Osprey Aura 65 AG) so I get the fun task of figuring out how to pack everything.  First new pack in over 10 years though so I'm pretty excited.  It feels like Christmas! 

That Osprey Aura is a great pack!  You'll like it.  Osprey also has outstanding customer service, in the event your pack ever gets damaged just give them a call.  They stand behind their product.

• Like 1

The Osprey reputation is what drew me to that brand.  I was lucky to be able to shop at a place that did custom sizing and let me try several on.  They added weight and let me walk around as much as I wanted.  They even heat and custom fit the waist straps! The Aura was the most comfortable although all seemed very nice.  I can't wait to give it it's first test run!