REI CEO Nominated for Secretary of the Interior

Aaron Zagrodnick

Anyone out there have any recent opinions as to how well Sally Jewell has been handling the Dep't of Interior post??

While I certainly appreciate Mrs Jewell's conservation efforts and achievements and conscientiousness for a healthy Nature/environment I think her first year as Secretary of the Interior experiences were quite different than what she was accustomed to in her career as mechanical/petroleum engineer with Mobil, yrs in banking, and as CEO of REI. It seems she was often frustrated with the political realities and ever increasing hard fought litigious nature of protecting Nature in a increasing world view that natural resources are a commodity owned by humans rather than humans being part of Nature. I sincerely hope Mrs Jewell has enough fire in the belly and can fast track her political negotiation skills in the upcoming year. It's a dirty job she has requiring the backbone to often fight long waged battles and, perhaps, be willing to compromise on environmental issues by prioritizing what to preserve in an ever increasing human centric world view. I don't envy her but I will say a prayer for Mrs Jewell tonite that she has the wisdom to tackle her position. All My Best to Mrs Jewell