Locater beacons

John B

Ted,I have made the decision to go with the ACR ResQlink, and yes I don't need one that floats and plan to go with the basic version. I also spoke to a climbing buddy locally who has used this beacon for 6 years now, and gives me a good report on t.

tmountainnut

Ted,I have made the decision to go with the ACR ResQlink, and yes I don't need one that floats and plan to go with the basic version. I also spoke to a climbing buddy locally who has used this beacon for 6 years now, and gives me a good report on t.

Cool. One other feature that ACR does that i really like is that they have their "survivor club", where if you have to use it and you tell them your story, they'll replace the beacon. They also have a rebate form that you can send in to get some basic "survival gear", which is a nice perk. When i did it, they sent me a pretty nice first aid kit and some other stuff for free that i now keep in my car just in case.

• 1 month later...

Just purchased the ACR ResQlink yesterday (cost of $280). The registration process through NOAA took about 5 minutes, and was super easy. Now, here's hoping I never have to use it!