What type of tent do you use?

PaulGS

Yo AdventureMyk - nice fleet of tents, that would be a great photograph to take of your tent-city (haha - I said "photograph"). Looking forward to the tent review and trip report when you get back. My Eureka 2 person Timberline tent is absolutely bombproof and was also put back into service a couple weeks ago. I've had the Timberline forever. When my first one-door Timberline finally lost it's water resistance, I bought the newer 2-door and that was... 10-15 years ago?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AdventureMyk

• Bobo Uzala

• PaulGS

• Gary M

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AdventureMyk

I will see what I can do on the tent city pics. The rainfly on my 25 year old Eureka (1 door) lost it's water proofness but a bit of DWR and it's right as rain so to speak. Looking forward to throwing the top back on the Optic and watching the meteor showers this weekend. Hopefully there are still a few left as it was cloudy here last night.

• 2 weeks later...
bagging14ers

I'm looking into getting a new tent to replace my old heavy North Face Rock 22. I am looking into MSR's new Hubba Hubba NX, do to the light weight at 3lbs 7oz and plethora a features. It looks well designed with some nice new features. Anybody tried it out yet?

AdventureMyk

I know two backpackers and one motorcycle camper that use the Hubba Hubba and would recommend it without hesitation for pretty much any kind of weather situation. No worries on that one. It's a lot of tent for the money. :)

I personally really like my Black Diamond Firstlight. Its super light, priced pretty well, tall (i can sit up without an issue and i'm 6'1"), and most importantly it can be sealed up to keep wind/drafts out. Its not the roomiest, but it's a 4 season tent, so it can handle wind and snow if needed, and sets up from the inside. If you're taller than 6', you'll probably run out of room lenthwise, but that's its only caveat. If they made a Firstlight variation that's 6"-12" longer (for head/foot room), it would be the perfect tent.

If you live somewhere really rainy, i would go for something different though because of the fabric isn't able to handle sustained heavy rain.

Apologies on the lack of tent-city pics. I have been planning to do it but it either pours down rain (and a few need stakes to dry properly which rules out the garage) or the landlord comes and mows turning the place into a mass of loose grass. I'd rather not stain the heck out of the new tents. Bear with me, ;)

Hammock:

Grand Trunk UL

Eno Doublenest

Zpacks Hammock tarp w/doors

2person:

Hubba Hubba (guest tent... we don't really use it)

Tarptent Scarp 2 (main gun)

post-1086-143508720861_thumb.jpg

3person:

Mutha bubba (Car camping/ canoe camping/ rafting)

6person:

SD Bedouin6 (lux car camping)

Big Agnes Lone Spring 1. Love it. Just went through 4 days of cold and wet in the Adirondacks for the One Square Mile of Hope. Stayed warm and dry at night.

• 4 months later...