Salomon Quest 4D GTX Hiking Boot Review

Aaron Zagrodnick

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

As many hikers can attest, there are few things more important than a good pair of boots. You could talk to a hundred hikers, and I’d wager they’d all have some kind of blister or foot pain horror story. They’ll also likely know all the best tricks for proper lacing, the best brands, and the right sort of socks to wear. The trick is, you’ll have to experiment to find the best combinations for yourself. I encourage everyone to try as many different manufacturers as possible. Take the time to research and find the best boot for your feet and the way you walk. With that in mind, I offer this review of a pair that are as close to perfect for my feet as I’ve ever come across: The Salomon Quest 4D GTX…

Sean Sparbanie takes a close look at this lightweight & waterproof backpacking boot, check out the full review below in Issue 15:

Issue 15 Page 1

• 7 months later...
Aaron Medenwald

I would totally agree!! I bought a pair of these a few years back and took them to Red River Gorge KY a week later and had zero issues. Im still wearing them today with zero issues or malfunctions. They are extremely comfortable and light for a boot in this category.. I actually tried to limit myself from wearing them everywhere so I could save the tread for the trails. 2 weeks ago I saw the Salomon Mid X boots on sale at REI and scooped up a pair and I love them just as well! My first pair of these Quest boots are in the Gray color but im actually thinking about picking them up in the green as well since they are on sale.