Hi from Colorado

COHeather

Hi, All. I'm from Colorado (moved here in '87) and have always loved the outdoors. As a kid growing up in Michigan, I spent a lot of time on my bike riding rural roads, on horseback in the forests, and in/on the various lakes and rivers. Colorado's hiking is amazing, and I hope to add more 14ers to my very short list, as well as snowshoeing (which I'm trying for the first time this weekend). I also love biking (mountain, but I'm an inexperienced and way too careful hack), running, and Jeeping.

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Welcome to the forum Heather! How'd the first snowshoeing trip go?

It actually went really well! We didn't make it up to Brainard Lake as I had intended, but I DID make my nearly-13-year-old (very sedentary) son come with me. We rented shoes for him on the way to drop something off at my folks' house, and wound up snowshoeing in Chautauqua park (a half a block from their house) instead of all the way up in Ward. My son LOVED it, which is very encouraging for me. We're going to shoot for something else next weekend. We'll probably have to go up to Ward, if the weather keeps up like this. I was pleasantly surprised as to how easy it was to move in them. I'm planning on getting regular hiking snow shoes, and a running pair, as well. I'm hoping to catch some sales/Craig's List. I'm going to be SO ready for next winter!

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Glad to hear the trip went well Heather. We've had a lot of snow here in recent weeks but really warm temperatures lately. Time to get a few more snowshoe trips in before it's too late! (Although can't wait for spring and summer, so can't complain) :D

Welcome! Brainard Lake is a great intro-to-snowshoeing place. Hopefully we will get a little more winter here in Colorado. :)