July / August Issue Now Available

Aaron Zagrodnick

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Issue #3 of our hiking and backpacking magazine is now available! Click the preceding link or the cover image below to take a look:

In This Issue:

Outdoor Education: My NOLS Experience

Review: Sawyer 3 Way SP122 Filter

Canyons of the Escalante

Review: Six Moon Designs Lunar Duo 2 Person Tent

Summer Backpacking

Backcountry Cuisine

The Drive Home: White Noise / Why I Hike

We also have a great trail tip and more. If it's your first time viewing the magazine, we suggest starting on Page 1 for viewing tips and tricks.

If you would like to view the magazine offline or prefer a different format, a PDF is available. (6 MB)

post-3-143508712877_thumb.jpg

Aaron and Jen,

Congratulations on Issue #3! Once again we are all treated to fantastic photography and insightful articles. I’m a bit biased, but I do especially like the White Noise piece! My thoughts just happened to be similar to your point about what you called “The Place”. Words sometimes fail me, but I called it “something special” on the trail. Perhaps you could call it a “trail experience”; or even better yet, a “trailgroove”! I hope others can in someway relate to this.

As I had a bit of a heads up that a new issue was coming out, I took the opportunity to review Issues #1 and #2. I hope readers can appreciate the amount of work, dedication, talent, and just plain daring it must take to put together such an artistic work. Throw in the fact (I believe, but perhaps I’m way off here) that this is something of a startup endeavor and, well….. I think you’ve got something special going. Good luck, I’m already looking forward to Issue #4!!!

Gary M

Olathe, Kansas

Applause, Applause. Another really great issue. I think the Drive Home is fast becoming my favorite feature. White Noise and the accompanying guest view (very nice, Gary M), I totally get it. I have experienced the 'trailgroove' on many occasion. That's what keeps me coming back. Nice mention of Thoreau's quote. I have that same quote etched in sandstone and hung by my front door.

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Thanks Gary and TollerMom - We really appreciate it! :)