NJ Hiking

mgp2675

Hello everyone. I just moved to northern NJ a few months ago and I've been trying to hike every weekend. I'm looking for some new interesting trails and I've been using my AllTrails app on my iPhone.

I'm wondering if any of you have been to the Four Birds Trail in Rockaway. Considering going there soon, seems to get great reviews.

Also, are there any particular trails you'd recommend? I've hiked the following:

-Delaware Water Gap

-Stokes Forest

-Pyramid Mountain

-Tourne Park

-Harriman

-Bear Mountain

-Columbia Trail

-Ramapo Reservation

I'm trying to stay in the northern NJ area if possible. I live in Morris County. Thanks!

Matt

Looks like you're mainly doing day and 2 day hikes. Lots to choose from in both categories. http://www.njhiking.com/nj-hikes/ Watchung Reservatin, Ringwood, the AT, etc

Join the NJ/NY Trail Conference as well. I've went on several very good day hikes organized very inexpensively by various county parks in NJ too.

• 3 months later...

I know this is an old post, but welcome to NJ. I also live in NNJ and love hiking the various parks around here. Ringwood forest is a good park to hike. There are several sections with various activities. Camping, boating, historical buildings and landmarks. Good stuff.

• 1 year later...
Outdoorsman0827

Mount Tammany is a nice place to hike and, if you want to make it longer, you can add Sunfish Pond in addition to Tammany.

• 1 year later...

Abram Hewitt

Wyanokie

Ringwood

All short day hikes at best.  

Stokes, Kittatiny..  Hike 'Mind the Gap'...  bag Mnt Tammany and then cross over Rte 80 and bag Mnt Minsi