Moderate Hiker Fro Va

Sarah Jerky Cara Fleshman

Sarah Jerky Cara Fleshman

Hey yall!

My name is cara. I started backpacking a few years ago as a Fall/spring thing to beat the weather. Now, I have officially started just going spring-summer-fall. I am still too chicken to do a winter backpacking trip, bleck. I hate the cold.

Anyway: My gear tends to range from Walmart to home made but I am slowly updating my pack weight to aim for a 20lb range. Heck, I even officially bought some trek in poles!

I started hiking with my 40lb pit mix, simba, but as of this year, he is officially retired. His knees just can't deal with the rough terrain. I do however have a second dog that is in training to become the next trail hound...er...chuweenie. While simba is still my man, little lettie is showing massive potential to being the smallest bad ass on the trail. She is still young, at 4 month, so I am taking it easy with her until she stops growing.

See yall around,

Cara and The Hiking pups.

• Like 1

Hey yall!

My name is cara. I started backpacking a few years ago as a Fall/spring thing to beat the weather. Now, I have officially started just going spring-summer-fall. I am still too chicken to do a winter backpacking trip, bleck. I hate the cold.

Anyway: My gear tends to range from Walmart to home made but I am slowly updating my pack weight to aim for a 20lb range. Heck, I even officially bought some trek in poles!

I started hiking with my 40lb pit mix, simba, but as of this year, he is officially retired. His knees just can't deal with the rough terrain. I do however have a second dog that is in training to become the next trail hound...er...chuweenie. While simba is still my man, little lettie is showing massive potential to being the smallest bad ass on the trail. She is still young, at 4 month, so I am taking it easy with her until she stops growing.

See yall around,

Cara and The Hiking pups.

Hey Clara and The Hiking Pups.................................

Sorry I missed your entry, I must have been working!  I'm a trail dog person myself, almost always have one of my crew with me on the trail.

Here's some of our story:

http://www.trailgroove.com/forums/topic/908-the-making-of-a-trail-dog/ 

Kill_Creek_May_008.thumb.JPG.246d4b870ffBreak time for Truman on the trail!

Have fun!

Gary M

Edited by Gary M

keyboardtraveler

I would even consider trekking without my poles anymore! Once I got them I realized how effective they were on reducing fatigue on my large frame (6'3 220lbs!). I avoided them for years because I have good joints but they work so well. Hope they having the same effect for you.