Backpack help

Bice

Hey guys. I re got into hiking after 15 yrs. i started with a pack from rei. But i have a big gut and no but. I am not the lightest packer but i only pack what i can carry. During all my trips the pack just keeps sliding down. A friend of mine with the same issue just got the ula circuit pack. He did pretty good with it. I just wanted some info about other packs for people with my issues. Please let me know. 

I think you need to tighten you straps.  I used to have the big gut and never had that problem. Lost the gut and still don't have that problem :) But I did buy a new ULA Circuit this year and it is an awesome pack. Can't go wrong with custom sized pack. Love the hip belt pockets and the side pouches.  

Do you have a good outdoor shop nearby Bice? Trying on some different brands would be your best bet.

I've had difficulties getting a pack to not slip over my hips. My newer Osprey Volt 60 fits well though. First, the torso adjustment on it is easy to set up so that my pack can't go over my hips much as the shoulder straps will start carrying some weight. But the best feature is the very easy to tighten hip straps which finally allow me to really snug up the pack around my hips.