West Coast Trail, Vancouver Island, BC

GHSMITH76

I resigned from my job in May, moved back to Oregon and have been backpacking for the last 2 months. My final backpacking trip before returning to work turned out to be the most exciting.

wct33.jpg?w=700&h=&crop=1

Here is my post of the West Coast Trail backpacking adventure on Vancouver Island, British Columbia. This was truly a unique adventure and a fabulous conclusion to a couple months of backpacking. I value the memories of these backpacking trips as an important investment in my retirement.

http://higheredtechtalk.org/2015/08/30/the-west-coast-trail-vancouver-island-bc/

Video from one of my private beach campsites: 

Edited by ghsmith76
  • Like 2

That's a beautiful hike. Glad you had such good weather and got to stop at Chez Moniques. How many days did you take to do the hike?

Jarrett.Morgan

Looks like a fun trip!  I don't know if it was just me, but I couldn't get either link to work.

Looks like a fun trip!  I don't know if it was just me, but I couldn't get either link to work.

Thanks, I fixed the URLs

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have had both of those trails on my todo list for a while now. From your blog, it sounds like the Lost Coast trail was not as nice as the West Coast trail. Glad you survived :)