Issue 24 Released

Aaron Zagrodnick

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Issue 24 of TrailGroove Magazine is now available! Click the preceding link or the cover below to take a look:

TrailGroove Backpacking and Hiking Magazine Cover - Issue 24

In This Issue:

Jargon: Cuben Fiber

Trail News

Trail Tip: Wind

Canyon Crux

The Lost Girls Ride Again

A Day Hike to the Wave

Hiking Peekaboo and Spooky Gulch

Montbell Mirage Parka Review

To Build a Fire

Gear Mash

Photos Tips from the Trail: Layering

Media: A Walk in the Woods

Backcountry Cuisine: Apple Crisp

Back Pocket

148 free pages dedicated to backpacking and hiking. Special thanks to all of our readers and contributors for your support and contributions towards the latest issue! If it's your first time viewing the magazine, we suggest starting on Page 1 for viewing tips and tricks. Prefer a different format or want to view the magazine offline? A PDF is also available individually or included with a premium membership. Your input is highly appreciated. Let us know what you thought about Issue 24 here on the TrailGroove Forum, or shoot us an email anytime. Thanks for reading and keep an eye out for Issue 25, due out in November.

Fantastic photography in TrailGroove Issue 24.

My favorite piece is "Lost Girls" by Susan Dragoo.  Wonderful trail, really nice story, and.....................Realistic Circumstances!  

This is what happens on the trail while backpacking and hiking.  You become confused, get lost, get found, and have an unforgettable experience.

Too many people (in my humble opinion) feel that somehow the outdoors are like some perfect picture, perfection on the trail!  I sometimes wish that hiking boots, shoes, and backpacks came with a warning label.  Something like:

Warning!

With normal use you will get wet, sunburned, muddy, hungry, lost, sore, and have the time of your life!  

I'll be on the trail early next month, looking forward to experiencing all those warning label items!

Gary M

• Like 1

So happy to read another installment of The Drive Home. When I saw the title on the screen, it was like hearing my favorite song on the radio...turned up loud and singing along.   It did not dissapoint.  I've said it before but it bears repeating, when I think about 'the drive home' from anywhere, a smile slowly spreads across my face.  Reminiscing of sights and sounds of the mountains, lakes and clouds, laughing over trail calamities and the inevitable "where are we going to go to next?".  Thanks Aaron. 

• Like 2