New Guy from the US In Australia

GrizzlyHikes

Hey guys I've done a few Nature Walks hoping to work my way up and doing the big boy hikes. Do you guys have any tips for a guy to work his way up, gear, or anything else you can impart.

I also have a blog about my journey through my new found hobby: http://grizzlyhikes.tumblr.com/ 

Thanks in advance for the help guys.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Welcome! Check out the forums and magazine if you haven't already for tons of tips and advice. If any specific questions come up, just ask away! :)

• Like 1

Same here as Aaron. There's a lot of great info here. Go at your own pace, hike your own hike. I was talking to  a hiking buddy of mine just the other day about how much more I enjoy hiking now than I did when I was younger because now I know what to expect, as far as the pain in the legs and shoulders on the up hills and the torture the knees and ankles take on the down hills. When I first started hiking years ago, it "looked fun", all the pics of the guys and gals with their backpacks and all the nice views......... when I actually went the first few times, it was more like WTF am I thinking!!!    Now with years under my belt, I know before I get out there what its going to be like and that in itself makes it even more worthwhile.  Have fun and hike on!!!!

• Like 1

I actually kinda of enjoy the pain and burn, which sounds very wrong, but I think it will be a while before I go back home and try the PCT. 

• Like 1