Hello from Nj

Bswlvshkng

If your around Highpoint State Park you can head south or north on the Appalachian Trail and get some good miles in. Well maintained and nice shelters overall in NJ. Free parking as well just down a bit from ranger station. And welcome to trial groove!

Edited by LionDog
  • Like 1

Hey Stomper, looking to do the same. I'm from North Jersey. My family and I have hiked Ramapo, Harriman, Palisades, Delaware and various places in between. I'm always excited about new parks. The family recently took up kayaking, so I like to visit parks that have hiking and boating. We are going to check out a park in central jersey on Columbus day. Can't wait to see it. I've heard good things about it.

If your around Highpoint State Park you can head south or north on the Appalachian Trail and get some good miles in. Well maintained and nice shelters overall in NJ. Free parking as well just down a bit from ranger station. And welcome to trial groove!

Hey Lion, Have you been on this site long? Are there any meet and greets that you have been to in Jersey (or NY)? Looking for hiking families to connect with.

Hey Lion, Have you been on this site long? Are there any meet and greets that you have been to in Jersey (or NY)? Looking for hiking families to connect with.

Hey Brian,

Been on this site for little over a year. Nice site with a lot of good info. Never did a meet and greet from this forum, but have met and hiked with others from different sources and hiked NY,CT & parts of NJ.  Here's a link for the forums that may help. http://www.trailgroove.com/forums/forum/16-northeast/

• Like 1

Hello everybody. I'm in NJ and looking to start hiking on some local trails.  I know of some around me but im.looking to expand my options.

Where are you from in NJ? I left off the Ringwood State forest. It's my favorite right now. There are various parks and lakes to visit. I do a lot of kayaking there.

I'm down by Somerville. I think the hiking is probably better up by you.

We've got a good amount of mountainous terrain up here. I like the idea of boating to islands and setting up camp, when going to hike around the lake. I also love to hike the hudson valley, especially this time of year.