Hiker and Painter in Indiana

Char

Hello, Everyone!  I am a plein air oil painter and hiker living in Southern Indiana next to Yellowwood State Forest.  Needing a regular "forest fix", I go for a 2 mile hike in the woods every day.  I also am an oil painter, backpacking into the forest to paint on location.  I specialize in painting the forest in all four seasons.  I love being deep in the forest, free from the hustle and bustle of the "real" world and free from the EMF pollution that pervades civilization. 

Edited by Char
eliminate repititive wording
  • Like 1

Welcome!  I love watching people paint and wish I could do so myself. My brother does oil painting but I just don't have the knack for it. 

Thanks so much!  I guess now that I have two posts I can add an avatar instead of using the blank, generic zombie avatar.  :)

Welcome Char!  I'm from Illinois, the Chicago Suburbs, and one of my favorite places to hike is Turkey Run in Indiana.  Great practice for regions that have altitude, and it's so pretty there.  

Hello, iio and HikerJen!  Thanks for the warm welcomes!  I get to Chicago now and then to do some art shows downtown.  Did a show in Lakeview East in September.  Thankfully, I-65 was just opened a few days prior to having to drive up there!  Turkey Run is a beautiful park.  Do you ever get down to Brown County?  Lots of hills down here although Turkey Run is closer to Chicago.