Grateful

balzaccom

This week we celebrate Thanksgiving in the USA, and we thought we'd take just a minute to mention some of the things we are grateful for: 

Top among those are our apparent good health, and the fact that we have each other and continue to be in love after 38 years of marriage.  We wish all of you the same.

We're also enormously grateful for the fact that we live in a  place and time that allows us to enjoy the beauty of  nature when and where we would like, with wonderful national parks, forests, and wilderness areas.  And we should mention the many people who have joined us in our celebration of the wilderness, from those on these backpacking message forums, to those we have taken along on a hike .  We thank you all

21 hours ago, balzaccom said:

We're also enormously grateful for the fact that we live in a  place and time that allows us to enjoy the beauty of  nature

Got that right! 

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday - feasting, family, football, and gratitude. Great time of year for hiking here.

• 4 weeks later...

balzaccom, 

I haven't frequented this site too much lately, but always appreciate your wisdom; pretty sure you know me from a similar post on ts... :D

• 2 months later...

Great words by balzaccom. They are important and worth remembering at all times of the year.

This week I got word from my cardiologist that my heart function is better than average by quite a bit, especially for being 65. Thank you God. Yesterday I banged my knee cap with a Nautilus machine that malfunctioned. It is just a contusion, but could have broken the knee cap. Thanks again.