Evening from California Looking for some Advice on a pack cover

Trailman

I was looking for a lighter pack then my Kelty Lacota 85L. So I bought the 

Osprey Men's Volt 60

the green color for $100. 

The question I have is I don't want too advertise that I have a Osprey backpack when I am going into towns, I heard of people getting them stolen cause of the popularity of these packs.

Is there an Alternate rain pack cover that I could get to cover my backpack?

I will be using this for day hikes and some long distance hikes around Yosemite and the PCT trail in a few years.

Thanks in Advance for the help :D

Capture.PNG

Edited by Trailman

Jarrett.Morgan

I don't know if you found a solution yet, but I know REI has a store brand pack cover.  That could be an option.  Also, I'm sure amazon has a cheap version available, which will work fine for concealment.

I haven't heard of backpacks getting stolen. When I was on the John Muir Trail this summer there were LOTS of people with Osprey packs. I think the odds are highly in your favor that your pack would be left alone.

A buddy of mine who hiked the PCT in 2014 said by the time he got to Washington most thru-hikers were carrying ULA Catalyst packs. 

Maybe late replying but I thought I would put in my 2 cents.  When I bought pack covers for my daypacks as well as my expedition pack I was initially appaled at the prices being asked.  I found covers at what I felt to be a reasonable price at one of my favorite places to shop for outdoor gear: Campmor.  The covers I got were of good quality, lasted me well, and very much appreciated in heavy mists, dew, or rain.   While domestically shopping I like Campmor very much but they did not ship internationally so when I was out of the country I had to go with REI.  Don't get me wrong, REI has great gear and I am a member but they appear to be more pricey than Campmor.  I am not a label person so a Campmor label is fine with me.

Ty all for the response, to may surprise the seller that I bought the pack from had a Sea to Summit Rain cover in there lol. What a great surprise. I am glad to hear that packs don't get stolen. I was worried

Thanks all.