Solo backpacking trip on Isle Royale - The Greenstone Trail

Kakabeka

I thought I would post a link to my June 2015 solo backpacking trip on Isle Royale.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKSDThvm0eA

This was my first time on the island and I had a great time.  Trip planning was a bit more challenging than usual given the ferry schedules and my desire to do the whole Greenstone trail.  If you go my advice is to plan your itinerary in a spreadsheet so you can examine all the possible options.

I hope you enjoy the video.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Thank you for sharing this! I've been wanting to hike Isle Royale for a long time, and even in the fog it looks beautiful. Nice moose too. :)

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing!   Isle Royale has also been on my "to-do" list.  As I am retiring on 2/1/16 who knows--it might happen next year.  I will be attending my nephews wedding in Minneapolis next September--not sure if that's too late in the season to think about Isle Royale??

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Great video!

On 12/28/2015, 6:09:24, John B said:

Thanks for sharing!   Isle Royale has also been on my "to-do" list.  As I am retiring on 2/1/16 who knows--it might happen next year.  I will be attending my nephews wedding in Minneapolis next September--not sure if that's too late in the season to think about Isle Royale??

Haven't been yet so no personal experience here John, but I've always wanted to make the trip later in the year hoping to catch some fall colors...and from other trips in WI/MI and Canada that always seems like a great time of year to avoid the bugs and enjoy some crisp fall nights. Hopefully will finally be able to take the boat ride out there this year!

• Aaron Zagrodnick changed the title to Solo backpacking trip on Isle Royale - The Greenstone Trail