Greetings, all.

jay

Greetings to everyone, new member checking in.  A bit about myself, have been a lifelong outdoorsman and over the last year have been introducing my teenage daughter to backpacking.  Happy to say she loves it so far.  We have done a few overnighters and planning on an extended trip to Colorado this summer (we are from Ohio) and looking forward to that.  I have done some backpacking in Europe, mostly Northern England and Scotland, also.

I have looked at a few other forums but not really found one that I have really felt at home at.  Judging from the posts I have read here, this one looks a step up from the      others.

I look forward to getting to know everyone and sharing stories!

Respectfully,

Jay

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Welcome to the forum jay! Have a great trip this summer - decided where you're headed in CO yet?

Lake City area.  I visited there years ago as a kid and loved it.  Planning on going back through that area and exploring it again.  Looking at a late June or July timeframe.

Jay,

Welcome to the forum!   I have lived in Colorado since 1978, done lots of hiking and climbing in the State, in addition to other areas.  If you are looking at Lake City area, I would consider Mt Uncompagre as an option--can camp at road's end (4wd required), and then it's a pretty easy hike/climb.  If you don't have 4wd, consider Redcloud peak and Sunshine peak--both can be climbed in an easy day--access to the trailhead is via 2wd road, and there is a nice campground right at the trailhead.  As you probably know, plenty of options in the area, some of which are determined by 4wd vehicle or lack of same.

Thanks, all.

I have not yet had the chance to show my daughter the Rockies, so this trip is all about that.  As I said above, I have fond memories of Lake City and it has always been a place I wanted to revisit.