MSR Lightning Explore Snowshoes Review

Aaron Zagrodnick

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

For dedicated hikers and backpackers in snowy climates, snowshoes are a must-have for winter travel. I purchased a pair of the MSR Lightning Explore Snowshoes last year and have done several backpacking trips and numerous dayhikes with them. All said and done, I’ve probably accumulated around 100 miles on the snowshoes between last winter and this winter, in a variety of conditions, and feel reasonably well-qualified to offer my thoughts on this piece of equipment. There are men’s and women’s models of the MSR Lightning Explore Snowshoes available and...

In Issue 26, @Mark reviews the Lightning Explore Snowshoes from MSR - Read the full review here:

MSR Lightning Explore Snowshoe Review

Lightning Explore Snowshoes - Mountain Safety Research

Issue 26 Page 1

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Thanks for the great review Mark. While these look pretty similar to my Lighting Ascents which have also proven to be quite tough and have also worked out well for me, the binding system and adjustment on these makes mine seem almost a bit antiquated! :)

Mark,

Great review.  I own a pair of MSR Evo snowshoes, which have done me well for years now.  However, the simplified binding system on these is making me consider a purchase (I have always been a bit of a gearhead!)