Seeking digital camera recommendations

jay

Joe from NorCal

I'm a real estate appraiser and wear out a point and shoot on average every two years. I've tried a lot of the lower end models over the years and finally this year treated myself to a Sony RX100 II on sale from Costco. I found with the cheaper cameras, high use components broke. On average I take 10,000 photos a year of houses.

Two years ago I brought a Panasonic Lumix 30 with me on the Rae Lakes Loop. The pictures were great until the lens motor broken and the camera died on the trail. The RX100 II seems much sturdier in construction and takes outstanding photos and is a step above the Panasonic Lumix 30. I've heard good things about the Canon GX7 but have no direct experience with that camera.

I've attached a photo taken with the RX100 II of the Golden Gate Bridge. I'm really happy with the results.

DSC00122.JPG

1 hour ago, Joe from NorCal said:

I'm a real estate appraiser and wear out a point and shoot on average every two years. I've tried a lot of the lower end models over the years and finally this year treated myself to a Sony RX100 II on sale from Costco. I found with the cheaper cameras, high use components broke. On average I take 10,000 photos a year of houses.

Two years ago I brought a Panasonic Lumix 30 with me on the Rae Lakes Loop. The pictures were great until the lens motor broken and the camera died on the trail. The RX100 II seems much sturdier in construction and takes outstanding photos and is a step above the Panasonic Lumix 30. I've heard good things about the Canon GX7 but have no direct experience with that camera.

I've attached a photo taken with the RX100 II of the Golden Gate Bridge. I'm really happy with the results.

DSC00122.JPG

10,00 a year of houses??  Incredible!  And I thought I took a lot of photos on the trail and of my dogs! 

By the way, I think Sony makes great cameras although last year I went with the GX7 resulting in a  great deal of overall satisfaction.

Joe from NorCal

30 pictures per report on average, 350 reports per year, about 10,000 photos. I've broken 8 or 10 point and shoots over the years.

Here's a photo with the Panasonic Lumix 30 before the lens motor broke. Mount Lassen. Image sensor is smaller on this camera compared to the Sony RX100 II.

P1000008.JPG