Snowshoeing this weekend

Norb5150

Well it just dumped 18" of finely ground white powder in 6hrs up here in Erie Pennsyltucky. I think after I'm done trucking and snow plowing this week and weekend I'm going to stretch out my snow shoes. Anyone else have any? Mine are so so. They are MTN cant remember the modle but they work. Under $100 a few years back came with poles.

I have a pair of MSR Evo's and I love them. I love them so much that two of my other friends bought a pair. I won them in a contest!

image.jpeg

and my MSR's from another angle.. hahahahaha

image.jpeg

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

:lol: I've been there a couple times for sure but luckily nobody had a camera! 

I use the Lightning Ascents from MSR. Have worked really well but a little jealous of the bindings on the Lightning Explores that @Mark just reviewed. We've only had one big enough snow storm this year to make for actual decent snowshoeing though, so hopefully we get another storm or two before spring arrives.

• 5 years later...
Michael aka Mac

Sad to see there are not more people that use snowshoes.   I have two different pairs of 36" RedFeather Snow shoes.  Only difference I think between the 2 of them are the bindings.  
When it snows  I always have 3 things I bring with me for the winter trek,  snowshoes, spiked cleats that attach to my boots, and a Trekking pole with ski attachment to grip the snow.  

Don't think I have fallen on my rump ever since i starting bring them. lol.   Well come to think of it  perfect time to break them in again as we just had a blizzard here in NY this past weekend.

2 hours ago, Michael aka Mac said:

Sad to see there are not more people that use snowshoes.   I have two different pairs of 36" RedFeather Snow shoes.  Only difference I think between the 2 of them are the bindings.  
When it snows  I always have 3 things I bring with me for the winter trek,  snowshoes, spiked cleats that attach to my boots, and a Trekking pole with ski attachment to grip the snow.  

Don't think I have fallen on my rump ever since i starting bring them. lol.   Well come to think of it  perfect time to break them in again as we just had a blizzard here in NY this past weekend.

Been quite some time since I've posted anywhere on here. I'm still at it just busier now a days. Still got my MTX shoes and was actually out the other day for a quick zip around frontier park. 

Michael aka Mac

Yea been sorting through all my camping gear since the breakup and have a majority of my gear in one room on numerous 5 tier racks. Just unpacked this one box and low and behold my 2 pairs of RedFeather snowshoes lol.  so nows the perfect time to use them.

& welcome back Norb.