2 Weeks In Thailand

ricomacio

Hey there TG friends!

I am new to the forum and haven't really done any "adventure" traveling but this year that is going to change! 

I am currently planning a 2 week trip to Thailand and am trying to figure out how i should get the most of my time in this area. Keep in mind, I have never been anywhere but Mexico/US.

My original plan consists of the following:

Fly into Bangkok - Stay here for a couple of days to check out some temples and the floating markets

Take the overnight (11 hours) train from Bangkok to Surat Thani - Ferry from Surat Thani to Koh Samui

Stay in Koh Samui for a couple of days to check out the island and adventure the beaches/foods and snorkel (of course).

Take the Ferry back to Surat Thani

From there make my way to Phang Nga to check out the sights (I am REALLY hoping to find a route where i can take a canoe down the river all the way there but am not having any luck)

After Phang Nga I would like to take a boat to Ko Yao Noi and spend a day hopping around the islands.

That's it... From there i do not know where to go or what to do next.. I know i want to ride the elephants while out there but only ones that are treated fairly, not the abused ones.

Any tips or advice anyone??? Please share some of your stories if you've been out that way.

Thank you!

Rico