$38 backpack - terrible idea?

Papashawnsky

Papashawnsky

I saw this backpack on eBay.  It looks decent enough but I'm highly skeptical of the price - if it's because it's an off-brand item or if it really does suck.  All I could find spec-wise was the weight - 3.3 lbs.

I'm going on a weekend hike in a couple months and I don't have a backpack - worst case I don't like it and I'm out the return shipping and 7 bucks for restocking...any thoughts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Outdoor-Backpack-Rucksack-Hiking-Camping-Pack-Travel-shoulders-bag-45L-5L-/221780526671?var=&hash=item33a326464f:m:mpMLz4wCyGZyHML20jq--TQ

You can't really tell anything about it. There's not a view of the suspension and the title says "rucksack" which means no frame, assuming they even know what they are talking about. It's probably smaller than you think it is. Doubt if you'd want to put more than 20# of gear/food/water in it.

If you have a couple of months before your trip, you should go to a real store and try some backpacks on. They fit kinda like shoes, and a bad fitting pack is miserable to carry.

NorcalBowhunter

In general i would advise against buying a pack online unless you've tried it on first at a store. I've been through many packs because they were cheap and looked good but didn't fit me.