osprey aura ag 50

gerrygoat

I've not carried it in the field, but I considered it seriously prior to buying an Osprey Exos 48.  I decided on the Exos 48 because I rarely carry over 15 pounds and the lighter pack was a bonus.  But I did find the Aura to be a really nice pack and extremely comfortable.  Plus, Osprey makes a great durable product and stands behind their merchandise.  Great company.

I would ask what you are looking for in a pack.  If you will typically fill a 50 liter pack and carry over 20 pounds, then the Aura is a great choice in a comfortable pack.  If you will want the pack to double as a day pack, or if you frequently go ultralight, then that's probably more pack than you need.

Thanks for the info. I went ahead and bought the aura. We normally carry 30+ pounds so I think it is going to work fine.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

I have this pack - it's wonderful. I purchased it last year after trying on someone's Atmos. It is very comfortable! It wraps around your body like a hug and I haven't experienced any digging in at shoulders or hips. I took it on a week long backpacking trip to Alaska last summer and it performed great.  

• Like 1

thanks for the feedback. i went ahead and bought her one last week. we will be testing it this weekend. she already loves it. i will post results of the test. thanks again.

• Like 1