Yellowstone Day Hikes...

Bondtana

Hey everybody.  Novice hiker here.

I'm going to be doing a big road trip later this year.  I'll be passing through Yellowstone on a weekend in early June.

Just wondering if I head out to hike Mt Washburn, is it going to be super crowded? 

I'd prefer a less epic & more secluded hike...  My previous big weekend hike was in Smith Rock State Park in Oregon & that place was like Disney Land until I decided to take the long loop.

If you do think it will be super crowded... Would you have any suggestions for some nice lesser known day hikes out there?

Pretty much any of the geysers more than 2 miles from pavement/boardwalk will be almost deserted.  You can usually find a time range for when the geysers go off in the old faithful village hotel lobby but bring a book because it's usually a 1-3 hour time range.  

• 1 month later...

Ninety percent of the use in Yellowstone is within 1/4 mile of a road.  Once you get on a trail, any trail you will see few people.  I climbed Bunson Peak with a friend that had worked in Yellowstone in college. We saw no other people all day.  It is hard for people to imagine coming from the East.  The West is big, and Yellowstone has plenty of room for you to get out there away from people.