Extended trip

wperrott92

I am a lightweight backpacker who uses a HMG 2400 southwest for all of my trips. I have run into issues regarding extended trips with a combination of colder weather, not very many resupply points, not very many trailheads to cache supplies. I will continue to use my HMG for most trips but would like to purchase a bargain mid size pack that is 50-60 liters and can carry 35-45 pounds to give me flexibility.

At this point in time I do not want/need to drop a bunch of money again on a ultralight pack that is bigger, as I will not be using this new pack very often. I have narrowed it down between the osprey volt 60 or the north face banchee 50 but am not familiar with either.  This pack will be primarily used for winter thru hikes in Arkansas when I am not able/willing to spend 2 days caching supplies like if I used my HMG which tops out around 30 pounds. 

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Welcome to the forum! I'm not familiar with either of those two but on paper I think I might opt for the higher capacity of the Osprey Volt as I've found extra capacity to be nice on those winter trips. 25% off at Backcountry as well:

http://www.backcountry.com/osprey-packs-volt-60-backpack-3661cu-in

Either way let us know what you go with and how it works out! :)