Who Is Getting Out This Weekend- Dec 8-9

ADKinLA

I am taking this weekend off, need to get my holiday shopping done and just take a break from the trail generally. Still, I want to live vicariously through you guys! Where are you getting out to?

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Made it out for an evening hike before the latest round of snow and really cold temps hit here - Hiked up to see Popo Agie Falls, just a few miles round trip. The falls were there as always but as I hiked up, I saw what looked to be a cat on top of a small cliff (Which I would soon switchback up towards) Staring down at me. It didn't move, so at first I thought it must have just been an odd rock I'd never noticed before. (I've made the hike several times) Then I got closer and eventually the shape slunk off among the rocks. Turned out to (Most likely) be a bobcat, but wasn't close enough to get great shots...And it was getting dark. Either way was cool to see!

post-3-143508713792_thumb.jpg

Headed out into the hills today for a 6 mile between Virginia City and Gold Hill. Nevada. We explored old, old cemeteries that dotted the hillsides and hiked down to American Flats. It's a gigantic concrete old mill site abandoned in 1927. Resembles something out of a Mad Max movie now with the crumbling concrete, exposed rebar, graffiti and piles of rusted out cyanide cans.

post-98-143508713836_thumb.jpg

post-98-14350871385_thumb.jpg

post-98-143508713863_thumb.jpg

post-98-14350871387_thumb.jpg

Edited by TollerMom
added photos