Montana Hiker

HikingPaula

Hello, quick introduction of myself.

My name is Paula and I currently live in Montana where I have the pleasure of enjoying endless hiking trails and amazing beauty.

I love Glacier National Park which I live very close to but I equally covet the lesser known backcountry areas of my state where I can hike for days without seeing another soul. I am in NW Montana, if you have questions on the area, I am happy to help if I can!

-Hiking Paula

Welcome to the forum HP. I hiked in GNP last fall along the Belly River trail and really enjoyed it. What other spots in Montana do you recommend? 

Montana is a state I really want to explore. I actually was going to work with the Montana Conservation Corps but it didn't work out due to personal reasons. I would love to go back and do a season with them. I want to backpack in the Beartooth mountains as well as in the Kootenai and Bitterroot, two places I would have worked in if I would have been in MCC, and of course the Bob would be an awesome place to explore as well.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PaulGS said:

Welcome to the forum HP. I hiked in GNP last fall along the Belly River trail and really enjoyed it. What other spots in Montana do you recommend? 

It depends a bit on what you like. I like to tackle vertical elevation and get those views, there's a great trail down on the Flathead Indian Reservation that is one of my favorites, there's the Jewel Basin area, Swan Valley... I mean too many to name! The Bitterroot valley has some stunning territory, especially if you make it down past a tiny town called Darby. I haven't had the personal pleasure of making it out to hike by Libby but I have heard good things, there's the Ten Lakes area up by Eureka and I know a few good spots over by Bozeman.... You can't go wrong hiking in Montana, it's big sky country! :)

• Premium Member
Mark Wetherington

Welcome to TrailGroove!

I am also in Montana (Bitterroot Valley) and definitely agree with you that you can't go wrong hiking Montana.I've mostly hiked in the Bitterroots, but have done a backpacking trip in Glacier and some trips in the Pioneer Mountains, Anaconda-Pintler Wilderness (amazing place), Welcome Creek Wilderness, and the Beaverhead Mountains.

• Like 1