Dust off the snowshoes!

TollerMom

Hallelujah! Winter storm warning for Tahoe and Carson City through Sunday. Yippee...looking forward to snowshoeing and cross country skiing. Might not be an official white Christmas come Tuesday but there is not much better than a bluebird day alpine skiing! Traditionally the crowds are light on Christmas morning at Heavenly.

Finally the snow came. Carson City received about 8 inches near the Sierra foothills. It made for a very good day of snowshoeing. I'm wearing my new MSR Evo's that I won from the American Hiking Society last year. These are great snowshoes.

post-98-143508713816_thumb.jpg

post-98-143508713827_thumb.jpg

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Wow, definitely a night and day difference in the photos from your last trip report - Looks like winter has arrived! :) Just a few light dustings here so far, but plenty of snow at higher elevations - Hopefully we'll be able to fit a snowshoe trip in shortly here as well.

Thanks for the pictures I really like the one with the big tree. They are already saying that the snowpack in the Wa., Cascades is above adverage. I have a trip planned with some friends for the 28th.