Seeking guidance on a scenic trail

Texas hiker

Texas hiker

I will be going on a 3-4 day ultralight hike with my adult daughter this fall and am seeking some of your advice about selecting a trail.  We plan on only 6-9 mi per day of leisure hiking: I prefer no more setting up camp and eating by flashlight.  We think hiking/camping along water would be lovely, and maybe bringing a take-down fly rod for some fishing.  Although she lives in Atlanta (and a trail in the SE might be easier to do), we are really open to just about anywhere in America.  I welcome your thoughts.

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Welcome to the forum! I'm pretty sure you could find something in the southeast with some good fishing along the way...with your perquisites (and I am a bit biased) I think I'd lean towards exploring something in the Rockies though. Of course just depends on what type of trail and scenery (Appalachian vs. Rockies, etc.) you're after. Plenty of great scenery, water, and eager trout in many of the wilderness areas of the Rockies but the same could be said for other parts of the country as well. Here's a map of all our destination articles in case any of these locations help with specific ideas or something catches your attention enough to warrant further research: 

http://www.trailgroove.com/trailfinder/