33 year old wanting to get to living

hippyman

I just joined and thought I should give ya'll a little info about myself.  I am 33 years old, and up until about 6 months ago, I had never lived.  However, I am finally starting to want to suck the marrow out of life, and really get out there.  I have always had an interest in the outdoors, wildlife mainly, but I just now feel up to where I could really get out and conquer some of it.  I went to Hot Springs last year, when I was sort of still out of it to get my access pass.  I ended up hiking about 12 miles in the national park, so I figure my conditioning isn't too bad.  My long term goal is to visit every national park/site in the country.  Has anyone accomplished this before?  If so I'd love some tips.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Welcome! Can't speak for making it to every one, but best of luck on the quest - would be a great collection of adventures. 

On 3/13/2017 at 11:43 AM, hippyman said:

My long term goal is to visit every national park/site in the country.  Has anyone accomplished this before?

Nope... not even close. I've only been to one. Maybe someday that will change. Let us know as you get your list done.

It's kind of hard to say which ones I have really been to, as a lot of it has just been drive thru, and thats it.  I did start hiking about a year ago though, and I do plan on continuing that.  I did a lot of hiking in Hot Springs, so I'm counting that as my first one.

Edited by hippyman

• 6 months later...