Howdy From Michigan

HikerJ

I just thought I'd poke my head in here and say hello. I'm from Michigan while I'm new here I've been backpacking for a few years. Looks like a nice  place. I'm gonna go check out the rest of the forum now.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Hi HikerJ, have been up to the Porkies a few times - great place and from my drive through to get there, have always wanted to go back to explore a few more areas close by. Welcome to the forum!

I've never done the Porkies but I have done 8 days on Isle Royale and large sections of the NCT on eastern side of the UP. Along with a seldom used called the Fox River Pathway. Oh and the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore Trail a few times.  I just love the northern woods in Michigan but I'm from here so I guess I'm biased.

I see you're from Wyoming. I haven't yet made it out to the Rockies yet. One soon I hope.

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Always wanted to make it to Isle Royale but the trip hasn't come together quite yet. Would like to explore the Trap Hills as well. The Rockies and surrounding areas are great though and should make for a great trip if you make it out, it seems that I get 2 (or more!) new trip ideas from every hike I take here. :) 

I backpacked Isle Royale several years ago - it was beautiful and remote, and I'd love to do it again.  I've also hiked in the Porkies - it was also very nice.  I'm heading up to the Apostle Islands this summer - have you been there?  

I've never been to the Apostle Islands. Would love to go some time but at this point I don't have a kayak to enjoy them.  :(